Monday 31 March 2014

Wool Fiber for Tail Spinning

I am going to have a go at tail spinning.   I have dyed about 300 grams of wool this lovely turquoise color and separated the best locks out of the fiber and now have to have a go.  Looking at various videos I think I use the fiber I rejected as not having good enough locks to make the base yarn and spin the locks in as I go.  Very difficult to know how much of each type of fiber I need but no doubt I will learn as I go.
I am trying a few new ideas and making use of my Spin-o-lution wheel.  The great thing about it is I can spin fine or really thick yarn without changing anything except the ratio 

3 comments:

  1. love reading posts about how other crafts people do things. That is a stunning blue by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comments , this is a color that goes great with orange

      Delete