Monday 14 July 2014

Extra long Wensleydale Locks

These are extra long locks from one of my pedigree shearling sheep.  This is a sheep that has never been shorn before and as a result the wool is about 10 inches long and tapers into a natural point.  I washed the fleece and then kettle dyed it using 3 different dye colors and very little water.  I hoped that the different colors would remain more distinct but I probably had a little too much water or maybe fiber in the pot.    They do range from a dark green through to golden green with the odd reddish brown highlight  They should tail spin really well.    I have them listed on my Etsy and if they do not sell I will have a go at tail spinning myself using a core thread of Moss Green maybe using the Wensleydale X Suffolk fleece

No comments:

Post a Comment